[DPRG] Permanent Meeting Location

Subject: [DPRG] Permanent Meeting Location
From: Quinones, Jose jquinones at ti.com
Date: Thu Jan 28 09:10:07 CST 2010

That is good to know there is quorum for an idea like this. I am wondering, though, and I hope the group can enlighten me on some question that have popped up since the last email...

1. An idea like this would require a series of insurances. I know we are all very honorable, but if you have a place with tools such as milling machines, lathes, saws and drills, I can already see some blood will get spilled at some point in time. Not that I want it to happen, but we all know it is GOING to happen. How would you tackle this problem? Because we are all very civilized, I guess we could make every body sign a waver stating they will take care of their own safety and we should not see a horde of lawyers beating the heck out of us. But I am thinking at some point in time, somebody will see the light and talk to their shark skinned buddy. What do you guys think?

2. How about price per month? How much are people willing to pay for this? In the California one, people are paying $100 a month and that gives them access to everything. I don't think at $100 a month we are going to get that much interest. I personally would think it twice before paying the $100, unless whatever is inside is very well worth it! On the other hand, the cost to maintain the facility is not trivial. Factor into the cost of space, the Air Conditioning, electricity and water utilities, insurances, etc. Of course the amount of people would at the end make it work, if said number is large enough!

Very exciting!

Best regards,

JIQ