[DPRG] 2010 Calendar

Subject: [DPRG] 2010 Calendar
From: R. Steven Rainwater srainwater at ncc.com
Date: Thu Jan 28 17:08:55 CST 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 16:57 -0600, Ray Xu wrote:
> VEX championship?  Cool!  I do own a VEX package with a bunch of
> accessories and built a robotic arm out of it, but sadly it'll be a
> while before I can make some long crucial changes to the design.  I'll
> try to attend if I can.

Definitely try to make it if you can. It'll probably be the biggest
robot competition you've ever seen. Last year there were 270 teams from
all over the world and they had some pretty cool robots. This year is
supposed be larger than last year's event. And they're gradually moving
toward more autonomous robotics, which is cool. High school teams do
contests which are part autonomous and the University teams are 100%
autonomous. If you're curious, here are some pics from the 2009 event:

 http://www.flickr.com/photos/steevithak/sets/72157617657009943/

-Steve