[DPRG] TI LaunchPad - Arduino type device

Subject: [DPRG] TI LaunchPad - Arduino type device
From: Randy M. Dumse rmd at newmicros.com
Date: Wed Jul 7 21:22:24 CDT 2010

Well, did everybody order and get one/some of these?

I was pretty excited for a while. Eventually I figured out the
parts had only 1K or 2K of program space, and a few bytes of
RAM. I figure it has to be disappointing to develop any C
programs for them as they would almost be out of resources
before the initialization was done.

I also thought maybe this was a $4.30 USB to serial cable. But
then i wasn't sure because it looked like it went to the JTAG
rather than the serial port. So I didn't bother to order one.
Then they were all back ordered.

Any body got experience to report?

Randy

  _____