[DPRG] TI LaunchPad - Arduino type device

Subject: [DPRG] TI LaunchPad - Arduino type device
From: brianmerritt at att.net brianmerritt at att.net
Date: Wed Jul 7 22:21:17 CDT 2010

Randy,

A lot of people seem to get the wrong idea about these parts. The very
design of the CPU and the fact that they are 16bit makes them very efficient
at running C code.  I recently finished a new app' that runs 10 channels of
10 bit AD conversions; controls sensors, LEDs and other chips; generates
varying pwm output; reacts to inputs from switches and other chips; switches
on the fly between fast and very slow clocks; frequently reconfigures its
own I/O, clocks, and modules; totally dedicates 28 of the 128 bytes of RAM
for data; and yields ultra low power (uA) performance. All of that was done
in a little more than 1.5K of flash, by just using good programming
practices and having a good knowledge of the architecture.

I did order a couple of the $4.30 boards just to check them out.

Brian