[DPRG] Off Topic: gcc help

Subject: [DPRG] Off Topic: gcc help
From: warm38 at juno.com warm38 at juno.com
Date: Fri Jul 16 15:13:47 CDT 2010

Well, supposedly, the work has already been done to create the port.
<insert frustrated scream here>
All I'm supposed to do is set up some testing for regression testing for
future mods to the compiler.
There was a test run and GCC reported over 39000 tests run.  A summary of
the data is all that is given and  nothing else.  So I'm trying to rerun
the tests and get more details so that I can select what to run and what
not to run and get all the coverage needed as the compiler grows and
changes.

On Ubuntu in /usr/src/binutils/bfd/configure acutally does have the
processor already listed as one of the archetectures.
So why can I not build for it?  It should be a breeze and I should be
running the tests.  Right?

The archetectrue is simple with 32 instructions.    A call or a branch is
limited to 2K instructions.  Processor RAM is 32 bytes (external RAM can
be available up to 4GB using registers to access it in 256 byte pages).

I actually ran the "configure --target= --prefix=" every time and t
SEEMED like it ran -- it didn't offer any complaints -- and yet make
still bombs every time.
Configure generates a HUGE Makefile which dies.

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 12:32:09 -0700 Chuck McManis