[DPRG] Off Topic: gcc help

Subject: [DPRG] Off Topic: gcc help
From: warm38 at juno.com warm38 at juno.com
Date: Mon Jul 19 20:18:26 CDT 2010

The one who actually was able to compile FINALLY came forward and gave me
the fix.

#1 (which *I* found and he didn't mention) was that the target=xxx-elf
  that was the same target for gcc which was down the line.
#2 "configure" was looking for texinfo 4.4 through 4.9 and I have 4.13.
   Texinfo 4.4 was from 2003.  I DID have texinfo, but my texinfo was
newer.
   Again, the problem was in "configure" and "make" comes along and barfs
all over me.

I finished compiling binutils and I'm still waiting for gcc-4.4.3 to
finish.  I had to fix a few problems there.
Ubuntu was a little more strict with some code, so I had to make some
fixes to programs
    cxxfilt.c  had "printf(var);" and no format statement for the string
var.
    gas/read.c and stubs.c had  asprintf(); and ignored the return value,
and warnings were treated as errors.
Cygwin complained about an unrecognized command line option
-Wno-overlength-strings

Oops.  gcc/builtins.c is missing a pile of variables __imp__mpfr_...  Oh
goody.

Anyway, original bad nasty directions solved.  Now onto new ones.  ...
I should mention that problem #1 was found by suggestions from DPRG.
Thanks guys!

wade (I sure miss Texas) in Florida