[DPRG] The RBNO report: 6/1/10

Subject: [DPRG] The RBNO report: 6/1/10
From: Paul Bouchier paul.bouchier at gmail.com
Date: Tue Jun 1 21:35:12 CDT 2010

This is the first of a perhaps-weekly report of the goings-on at RBNO
(Robot Builders Night Out). Let me know if you'd like to hear more of
this. If you were there, feel free to expand or correct my
description.
- Jason was building a new 4-wheel drive tablel-top robot to compete
in the table-top competition in fall Roborama
- John K had rebuilt his wooden robot chassis yet again, and was
learning to solder on a adafruit motor controller. He's now got an
Arduino on it.
- Mike was messing with his claw robot. He got his PC talking to the
basic stamp.
- Brock was working on getting his netbook to talk over a serial port
to the basic stamp on Mike's robot
- Paul was trying to make a cross-compiler toolchain for the Asus wifi
router work on a linux VM.
- Bruce was finishing the last module of the advanced Arduino tutorial
- Nathan was starting to build a robot car kit.

Paul