[DPRG] Soldering up boards

Subject: [DPRG] Soldering up boards
From: vincent lopresti spaceminers2010 at yahoo.com
Date: Tue Mar 2 21:12:55 CST 2010

if you're stuffing and soldering lots of boards, you need to fashion a jig to hold all the parts in when the board is flipped upsidedown for soldering. basically, a component sandwich, two pcb boards, one stuffed with components and the other temporarily screwed or clamped on top. start with the lowest profile components 1st, dip sockets, resistors, then transistors & caps. it really help to have lots of hardware, clamps, clips, tools, etc. go shopping and get exactly what you need to do the job right. churning out a bunch of well-made boards makes an inventor feel good!!

what are you making again anyway? and where'z my motor controller? ever get it working?

robotrock =]