[DPRG] Dallas Maker Space Meeting at XMax games tomorrow(03-04-10) at 7pm

Subject: [DPRG] Dallas Maker Space Meeting at XMax games tomorrow(03-04-10) at 7pm
From: Rick Bickle rbickle at intconsys.com
Date: Thu Mar 4 11:17:19 CST 2010

Jose'

I am running mach3 for my router, but have never tried it on a laptop.

It seems like I read somewhere that the problem with laptop parallel
ports is that sometimes they are 3.3v instead of 5v, which may or may
not be compatible with the voltage levels in the stepper/servo hardware.

In my machines, I used some parallel port buffer cards which contain
74hc245 buffer chips, which will tolerate the 3.3v levels.

I just purchased a couple of industrial PC's with touchscreen LCDs that
I'm going to use for the CNC plasma cutter. We'll see how it works.

Rick