[DPRG] roomba's girlfriend

Subject: [DPRG] roomba's girlfriend
From: ed at okerson.com ed at okerson.com
Date: Mon Nov 1 12:27:50 CDT 2010

When I was in college, I worked briefly selling Rainbow Vacuum cleaners
(or at least attempting to sell them).  The Rainbow is unique in that it
uses water as the filter.  It uses a fan mechanism that blows the incoming
dirty air through a tank in the bottom that is filled with water, so the
dust stays in the water and the air bubbles back out.  It was always a
pain though to have to empty the tank of dirty water after cleaning.  I
always thought it would be cool to build one of those into a toilet for a
whole house vacuum system, when the vacuum turns off, just flush to get
fresh water in the tank.  Combine this with the idea of the vacuum
cleaning out the Roomba and you have a complete system.

Ed Okerson