[DPRG] Looking for a VB2008 Programmer

Subject: [DPRG] Looking for a VB2008 Programmer
From: Quinones, Jose jquinones at ti.com
Date: Wed Sep 1 13:37:18 CDT 2010

Hi Group,

The application that I coded here at work, and using VB6, is starting to reach its end of life (actually it pretty much already did!). Hence, we are looking to farm out the coding of the application on a more modern platform, namely VB2008 (or VB2010, if that is an option).

We prefer to stay on the VB platform as me and somebody else will need to service it after the first release. I would code it in its entirety, but when you have something as simple and easy to use as VB6 completely transformed into the definition of complexity itself, I must concede defeat and ask for help.

The application is very simple and I am guessing any daytime programmer should be able to easily get it done without having to resort to Propecia or Rogaine afterwards. Here are some minimal things we need:

 1.  Access to a serial port through a VCP such as the FTDI serial chip. Configuration-less and recognition of the actual port is highly desirable.
 2.  A self run executable that installs the application with the press of a single button or minimal steps.
 3.  Code to talk to different EVM's. This is the easy part. Maybe tedious, thanks to the idea of making coding harder, instead of easier, but certainly the easy part.
 4.  Good looks and awesomeness are always welcomed.

Anybody interested or who knows who can help us out? Thanks!

Best regards,

JIQ