[DPRG] Overvoltage protection

Subject: [DPRG] Overvoltage protection
From: Paul Bouchier bouchier at classicnet.net
Date: Sat Sep 11 22:58:59 CDT 2010

Ignore this request - I realized shortly after sending it that all I need is
a 5.5V Zener on the output rail. It will limit transient overvoltages;
persistent current-limited overvoltage will fry the zener (then anything
else downstream, but at least I'll know what happened; and outright
regulator failure (not current limited) will cause the zener to blow the
input fuse. Sorry for the spam. One component, and it was obvious.

Paul