[DPRG] Overvoltage protection

Subject: [DPRG] Overvoltage protection
From: Rick Bickle rbickle at intconsys.com
Date: Mon Sep 13 10:13:47 CDT 2010

Paul,

A zener diode works, but they are generally low power. There are devices
called Transils, which can be purchased in 1.5kw to 5kw units AC or DC.
Also Teccor makes protection devices called Sidactors, which will clamp
an overvoltage similar to an SCR. These are commonly used for comm
circuits as they will clamp until the overvoltage condition is gone.

Rick