[DPRG] 3D Printer from HP

Subject: [DPRG] 3D Printer from HP
From: Chuck McManis cmcmanis at mcmanis.com
Date: Wed Sep 22 18:04:34 CDT 2010

I was alluding to HP's business strategy of taking ink for their inkjet
printers that, at their production scale, costs less than 5 cents per ounce
to manufacture that they sell for $8000/ounce in their ink cartridges at
retail. Not a model I would like to see repeated in the 3D printing space,
especially if it drives out decent competitors.