[DPRG] Notes from September monthly meeting

Subject: [DPRG] Notes from September monthly meeting
From: Paul Bouchier bouchier at classicnet.net
Date: Fri Sep 24 20:38:25 CDT 2010

DPRG members, for those who weren't there, here are the notes from the
September monthly meeting. Thanks to our secretary, Eric. They will be
posted in the normal place in due course.

Paul

Dallas Personal Robotics Monthly Meeting.

September 11th 2010

Location:
North Garland Branch Library
3845 North Garland Ave., Suite 550
Garland, Texas 75040-8599

Presentation:

John Swindle presented a talk on localization using Audio

Club Business:

The DPRG will allow equipment that is currently stored at the Dallas
Makerspace out on load. Please talk with Glenn Pipe our librarian to check
items out.

Paul Bouchier, club president, has asked for volunteers to assume his
previous role as vice president.

Upcoming Events:

The next club meeting will be a field trip to Vex Robotics.  The date will
either be the 10/9 or 10/16. Information will be posted the dprg.org as soon
as available. Please check the list if you need to carpool. Please RSVP for
the event.

Innovation First International, Inc.
1519 Interstate 30 West
Greenville, TX 75402

RoboRama 2010b

On November 13th the DPRG will host Roborama 2010b, this is our semi annual
robotics competition.
The contest will be held at the Museum of Nature & Science
http://www.natureandscience.org

3535 Grand Avenue and 1318 S. 2nd Avenue in Fair Park, Dallas, TX
The event starts at 12 PM and will consist of 4 contests.

Information on the event can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1SyXxgqUpUMdbVc6mRQUBdR4eDgJFaKwQYKv
u8QRvU14

Vex Robotics has graciously donated (4) $150.00 gift certificated for the
event.