[DPRG] Continuous rotation servo question

Subject: [DPRG] Continuous rotation servo question
From: Paul Bouchier bouchier at classicnet.net
Date: Sun Feb 6 20:24:30 CST 2011

Thanks to those who responded. It does not have a zero position adjustment
screw that I can find. I will try hobbypartz online chat support. I read the
sail winch comments, but to my mind, a servo which has say a 3-turn limit
from max to min pulse width is not a continuous rotation servo, so I
believed the label and assumed the sailors were doing something else as
well. Like maybe a boom angle feedback. Silly me. I'll let y'all know what
hobbypartz says it's supposed to do.

The reason I wanted to buy one is that I'm busy building the robot that's
part of our upcoming series of talks on how to use cheap or free tools to
build things out of electronics, firmware and mechanics. I was thinking we'd
offer to go buy a kit of parts for people who are interested in building the
project (which can readily be repurposed into any number of other projects).
Doesn't look like I've got a proven source for continuous rotation servos.
Maybe I will have to take Jose's suggestion & spend 10 minutes reading
Dale's excellent tutorial on the subject, then 2 hours doing it.

Happily, Doug lent me some continuous rotation servos, and they work like
they should, so I'm still in the ball game. However, the kit of parts might
need Randy's link.

Thanks everyone for confirming that I'm not crazy or ignorant - it shouldn't
be acting the way it does.

Regards

Paul