[DPRG] IBM's Watson to play on Jeopardy 2/14-16

Subject: [DPRG] IBM's Watson to play on Jeopardy 2/14-16
From: vincent lopresti spaceminers2010 at yahoo.com
Date: Wed Feb 16 17:03:32 CST 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfNBWJTGEEA&feature=related

--- On Tue, 2/15/11, DeltaGraph at aol.com <DeltaGraph at aol.com> wrote:

From: DeltaGraph at aol.com <DeltaGraph at aol.com>
Subject: Re: [DPRG] IBM's Watson to play on Jeopardy 2/14-16
To: jdrumm9015 at aol.com, msouth at gmail.com, brianmerritt at att.net
Cc: dprglist at dprg.org
Date: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 10:12 AM

Interesting thought John

Ten Refrigerator sized cabinets = 10 to 20 people of almost any size.
Liquid "cooled" with something that looks and smells oddly like Gatorade.

Sadly, I missed the show. I recorded it on an ancient VCR which I connected to a digital TV adapter which I verified everything only to return home to find the box was receiving the wrong channel on what it identified on screen as "21". I was dumbfounded for the longest time until I found the box was receiving Ch11 on both 11 and 21. Once I had it re-scan the channels,  it worked.  Figure that one out!  I had been so careful - did not even tempt myself with the timed record feature.

Oh well, will get a chance to see remaining shows..
If anyone finds recording of #1 online today, please post link.
Thanks,

Ron

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----