[DPRG] Introducing Enchanting

Subject: [DPRG] Introducing Enchanting
From: Clinton Blackmore clinton.blackmore at gmail.com
Date: Wed Jan 5 14:53:33 CST 2011

Interesting.  There really is something to be said for having an itch to be
scratched (no pun intended).  That is awesome how your younger daughter has
learned a bunch of technologies to do bigger and better things.  (Be sure to
give her a pat on the back!)

I have posted to the Scratch Advanced forum and the Scratch Sensor Board
forum.  I suppose I can "advertise" by uploading projects in Scratch that
communicate with robots written in Enchanting ... but the software isn't
that far along yet : )

I didn't know there were more girls using (and uploading projects from)
Scratch than boys.  That's great news.

It is worth pointing out that you can control Lego WeDo robots from Scratch,
and that PicoCricket robots are really fun for people with a crafty bent.

Thanks for the information, and I wish your daughter well -- I'll see what I
can do to help her show you up on those sensors : )

Cheers,
Clinton Blackmore