[DPRG] Roborama 2011b Contest Winners

Subject: [DPRG] Roborama 2011b Contest Winners
From: Paul Bouchier bouchier at classicnet.net
Date: Sun Nov 13 21:04:44 CST 2011

Congratulations to the winners of Roborama 2011b contests:

RoboColumbus:
1st: Nick Robinson - 0"
2nd: Paul Bouchier - Mo'bot - 0"
3rd: Eric Chaney - QuadRunner - 10' 4"

TableBot
1st: John Kuhlenschmidt - 3Wheel
2nd: Will Kuhnle - T2LS
3rd: Doug Emes - Trakr

Line Following
1st: David Ackley - ProtBot
3rd: Doug Paradis - Boinger
3rd: Doug Paradis - Boinger

Square Dance
1st: Paul Bouchier - Mo'bot - 11/16" (new record)
2nd: Doug Paradis - Little Andy - 1 1/16"
3rd: Ron Grant - Tip - 11 1/4"

Best use of Vex Components in a robot: Greg Needel

DaVinci Award: Nick Robinson

Thank you to the volunteers who made the event a success:
Jason: Henrikson: Judge line following, Marshal
Dick Swan: Judge  RoboColumbus & Square Dance
Ron Grant: Trophies
Doug Paradis & Amy Hedtke: Marshals
Steve Rainwater: Photographer
Glenn Pipe: Videographer

Thank you also to our sponsors: Pololu, Parallax, Tanner Electronics, Avayan
Electronics (club member Jose Quinones), and club member Dale Wheat.

And thank you to everyone who came out - contestants and visitors. You made
it happen - again!

We'll be getting the judges together to plan next Roborama soon. We'll
change it up a bit to correct problems we observed, and make it better. As
usual, watch for changes - we'll give plenty of notice. If you would like to
have your input considered, or be an active participant in planning &
executing next Roborama, please drop me a note. (I already have input from
Dick, John, & Eric.)

Regards

Paul