[DPRG] XBOX Kinect: Can you point me in the right direction?

Subject: [DPRG] XBOX Kinect: Can you point me in the right direction?
From: Ed Paradis legomaniac at gmail.com
Date: Wed Nov 16 10:20:33 CST 2011

I asked my friend, Jeff Kramer, who is writing a book about the Kinect
and sent this response:

------------------ %< ----------------------------------

If he wants to program in Windows, he's probably best served with the
Microsoft Kinect SDK - http://kinectforwindows.org/

He can't do anything commercial with it, but it's easier to set up
with Visual Studio.

If he wants to go a little deeper and have more control, I'd recommend
OpenNI or OpenKinect (preferably OpenKinect).

http://openni.org/

http://openkinect.org/wiki/Main_Page

I hope this helps!

Ed