[DPRG] serial to parallel shift register with _individually_tristate outputs

Subject: [DPRG] serial to parallel shift register with _individually_tristate outputs
From: Paul Bouchier bouchier at classicnet.net
Date: Mon Oct 10 22:33:01 CDT 2011

Ed,

If speed is an issue for you, you might consider a CPLD (Complex PLD) such
as those from Altera, Lattice, etc. They have all the necessary internal
feedback paths and tristate controls, and come in a wide variety of pin
counts & packages. If your job is simple enough, a PAL may be enough. (Yes I
know I'm harking back 20 years, but those devices make great I/O expanders
and you still can't beat the combination of speed & flexibility with low
cost & easy development.

Just throwing my $0.02 in with everyone elses $0.20 :-)

Paul