[DPRG] Microsoft VB6

Subject: [DPRG] Microsoft VB6
From: Quinones, Jose jquinones at ti.com
Date: Fri Oct 21 08:32:35 CDT 2011

Hi Jim,

Don't even bother with VB6. I had been using it for about 10 years and transitioning to VB.NET seemed impossible. It was my impression that they had made the VB.NET coding style more complex to dissuade lazy programmers (like me) from using the new too set. Luckily, it turns out VB.NET is way much more powerful and in some cases, even easier!. After a massive headache involving major neuron implosion, I have been able to successfully move into VB.NET. And I can tell you they are not even compatible. So save yourself some time and just go directly to 2010. You will not regret it.

Best regards,

JIQ
size=2 width="100%" align=center tabindex=-1>