[DPRG] free robot brain

Subject: [DPRG] free robot brain
From: Ron Grant deltagraph at aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 27 22:16:37 CDT 2011

OK, Vincent,

I did everything you said (actually Eric wrote about a week ago), got my free robot brain today.
I plug it in and it blinks and will show me the accelerometer works when I hold one of the buttons down, cool.

Now, maybe someone will have some ideas about easiest / cheapest compiler to use with it.
I see they do have a few sample programs and a CMSIS compatible library.

They list a number of vendors that offer tools. How long is that going to take me to find a good tool for cheap? Hmm.

So far I am giving higher ratings to MBED which did cost $59, but I had their free online editor and compiler up in 5 minutes
and downloaded my first program to the device in about the time it took to write this response.

Also, the NXP ARM board for about $20 has nice compiler / debugger (code red) packaged with it.

Ron