[DPRG] free robot brain

Subject: [DPRG] free robot brain
From: Dave Hylands dhylands at gmail.com
Date: Thu Oct 27 22:34:31 CDT 2011

Hi Ron,

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 8:16 PM, Ron Grant <deltagraph at aol.com> wrote:
> OK, Vincent,
>
> I did everything you said (actually Eric wrote about a week ago), got my
> free robot brain today.
> I plug it in and it blinks and will show me the accelerometer works when I
> hold one of the buttons down, cool.
>
> Now, maybe someone will have some ideas about easiest / cheapest compiler to
> use with it.
> I see they do have a few sample programs and a CMSIS compatible library.

How about free?
http://mbed.org/cookbook/Using-mbed-with-gcc-and-eclipse
https://sites.google.com/site/stm32discovery/open-source-development-with-the-stm32-discovery/setting-up-eclipse-for-stm32-discovery-development

Although this talks about the mbed, using with the LPC, STM, etc are
all pretty much the same. They're all Cortex-Mx based processors.
http://gandalf.arubi.uni-kl.de/avr_projects/arm_projects/

I haven't played with eclipse yet. I tend to prefer to use my own
editor along with hand-coded makefiles.

--
Dave Hylands
Shuswap, BC, Canada