[DPRG] Fw: Re: Spark Generator Ladder

Subject: [DPRG] Fw: Re: Spark Generator Ladder
From: robert cunningham rjc-wkz at swbell.net
Date: Thu Apr 5 18:29:10 CDT 2012

--- On Thu, 4/5/12, robert cunningham <rjc-wkz at swbell.net> wrote:

From: robert cunningham <rjc-wkz at swbell.net>
Subject: Re: [DPRG] Spark Generator Ladder
To: "Rick Bickle" <rbickle at intconsys.com>
Date: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 6:24 PM

 A neon transformer can be dangerous. I made a Jacobs ladder out of one.It was hot enough to catch paper on fire. It can get hot. It can also KILL..If you do decide to use one, put some resistors in series with the HV lines.You would need to put some high value ones in there-1 megaohm or more on each side.Put a few in series so that they will not arc over.You have to remember the HV is Center tapped to gnd. So each side of the HV will arc to gnd at half the voltage. Between the two HV leads the voltage is twice as much.About 12,000 volts AC.You touch any one of those HV leads and it will kill you. Another reason for resistors.There will be RF, so watch out and EMF waves could cook some nearby computers.A spark coil might be a better bet, but you then have to build an
 interrupter circuit.Just use an old dc relay and wire it to oscillate(off and on) the other contacts go to the ignition coil to break the primary. If you can find an old MODEL T coil that would work too,''If you need any help designing it let me know.  Main thing is RFI emissions..
Bob