[DPRG] Spark Generator Ladder

Subject: [DPRG] Spark Generator Ladder
From: Ron Grant deltagraph at aol.com
Date: Sat Apr 7 09:14:22 CDT 2012

 Bob,

Not to keep on, since you wrote that you were going to do some kind of "green thing".
Sad to think a child might have been inspired by Jacob's ladder to go on and create first practical fusion reactor in their garage in 15 years, but now instead will invent a video game with slightly better realtime fur rendering. Hey, and you would be generating ozone!

Lexan shielded sign transformer sounds like a MUST for pubic display, despite I did an ion rocket demo for class, age 10, using at 12KV sign transformer. Everyone followed my instructions. Don't Touch!

I am interested in the RF emissions from a Jacobs ladder.  My limited knowledge tells me the emissions of concern would be a brief pulse every time the spark makes it to the top of the ladder and the arc breaks. I would think while the air is being ionized by arc that there would be little RF emitted. What about arc lamps?  Maybe someone could shed some "light" on that subject.

Ron