[DPRG] Spark Generator Ladder

Subject: [DPRG] Spark Generator Ladder
From: John Swindle swindle at compuserve.com
Date: Sat Apr 7 10:10:20 CDT 2012

Bob,

You may be right about the EMI/RFI, but if you change your mind,
let me know. I've been a bit surprised that the Jacob's ladder
doesn't affect the FM radio, TV, or cordless phone in my house. I
suspect that modern receivers are so discriminating that they
ignore broadband noise. Also, since the wires are a few feet
long, the resonant frequency is lower than most of the modern
stuff. And maybe it's because the ladder isn't like a spark plug
that causes an impulse that can be heard in the car's AM radio.
Instead, the Jacob's ladder is a continuous connection through
plasma, without the impulses that would have higher frequencies.
During Halloween, I run the thing for several hours, and I
haven't noticed (nor have I been told about) any problems. That
does surprise me.

Best to you,
John Swindle