[DPRG] Water pressure sensors recomendations?

Subject: [DPRG] Water pressure sensors recomendations?
From: -Old Dog- puppy_dog500 at yahoo.com
Date: Mon Apr 9 14:17:32 CDT 2012

Hello All:

While this isn't about robotics, it does fall under automation and sensors.

I've installed a rain barrel in my back yard, and am trying to devise a solid way to measure how much water is in it. I'd like to do so by placing a pressure sensor at the barrel's bottom, then calculating depth based on pressure. Can anyone recommend a water pressure sensor, that can (1) be submerged, (2) run low level DC voltage and (3) provide a reading between the ranges of 1 and 1.1 ATM?

Thanks guys.
-Martin