[DPRG] Water pressure sensors recomendations?

Subject: [DPRG] Water pressure sensors recomendations?
From: Randy Carter rwcarter.wa at netzero.net
Date: Mon Apr 9 23:24:16 CDT 2012

To keep your pressure sensor dry you can try a technique used in washing machines.  The water level sensor is actually in the control panel.  It is based on pressure.  There is a 3/4 tube that is attached to the bottom of the tub.  It runs most of the way up the side of the tub.  It then connects to a simple 1/4" vinyl tube which is then connected to the sensor switch.  As the water level rises the pressure in the tube increases.

Advantage the sensor stays high and dry.  Disadvantage is it only works on rapidly changing levels.  Over time the excess air pressure will diffuse in to the water.  So over a period of days the level will be inaccurate.

"What the detractors and critics of electric vehicles
have been saying for years, is true. The electric
vehicle is not for everybody, given the limited range
it can only meet the needs of 90% of the population."

Ed Begley Jr.