[DPRG] Water pressure sensors recomendations?

Subject: [DPRG] Water pressure sensors recomendations?
From: John Swindle swindle at compuserve.com
Date: Tue Apr 10 14:39:04 CDT 2012

Ditto on the washing machine method. Adam the Answerman on Plano
Road probably has some cheap ones.

I remember something about aircraft fuel tank levels being
measured capacitively. If I recall correctly, it was done that
way because the fuel sloshes around some (not too much or the
plane flips over) such that floats and pressure sensors wouldn't
have worked. So, I wonder if the capacitance of the barrel could
be measured with no sensor other than wires.

The sonar idea wouldn't require a float. The surface of the water
is reflective. That method, or radar, is used in refinery tanks.

Have fun.

John Swindle