[DPRG] DPRGlist Digest, Vol 95, Issue 21

Subject: [DPRG] DPRGlist Digest, Vol 95, Issue 21
From: terry at yourduino.com terry at yourduino.com
Date: Sun Apr 29 13:02:44 CDT 2012

---------------------( COPY )--------------------------
> Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 10:34:19 -0500
> From: Paul Bouchier <paul.bouchier at gmail.com>
> Subject: [DPRG] Cheap source for Vex sensor cables
> To: dprglist at dprg.org
>
> A frequent problem I run into is how to connect X to a Vex controller,
> where X may be a servo, ultrasonic ranging sensor, or whatever. The
> Vex controllers require those crazy male headers which you can't find
> anywhere. You can buy these:
> http://www.vexrobotics.com/3-wire-cables.html at $30 for 4, and hack them
> up.
>  (OK - I haven't tried Digikey - I guess AMP probably makes the pins
> and shells, along with a million similar-looking things.)
>
> I just found Tanners has 12" 3-wire M-F extension cables for $0.99.

Take a look at these cables at $0.15 each:
http://arduino-direct.com/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=149

Add these pins and either end can be male or female:
http://arduino-direct.com/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=241

Or use these with individual ends:
http://arduino-direct.com/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=193

Lots of cable how-to here:
http://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/Cables

DISCLAIMER: Mentioned stuff from my own shop...!