[DPRG] December meeting and Roborama 2012b

Subject: [DPRG] December meeting and Roborama 2012b
From: blackstag blackstag at gmail.com
Date: Sun Dec 2 19:43:49 CST 2012

The meeting this month will be held December 8th. It will be a general
meeting with show and tell as the main focus. If you have anything you
would like to come and talk about please do so as we will have time.

Our current treasurer is stepping down and as elections are coming
in January we will need a new one. All positions will be up for a vote if
you want to run for any position please let me or any officers know.

Roborama 2012b will be held at Paul Bouchier's house this year
on December 16th from 11 am to 4 pm. For those that went to the
Grill out know the terrain involved. It was mainly grass and dirt and a
lake.. Nothing to extreme.

Meat will be provided  fir lunch please bring some sides and somethings to
drink.  Since the will be held at a members home please lets keep this with
in the club.
I know this is on a Sunday and may conflict with other things. feel free to
come out at anytime. during the event as we will keep trying to dial in our
robots and run the course.

Please come out as a few of the teams have worked really hard on this and
I am sure they would like to show their hard work off.

Address:
129 Woodrow Circle, Little Elm, TX 75068

The course will be made as large as possible.
We will be using marker flags to out line the course. You can replace them
with what ever you like.
The markers will be 5-8 feet wide depending on how we can layout course.
It will include a 90 degree turn and a 180 degree turn and will be like a
race track so it will end where it starts.
Points will be awarded for each gate you drive through.
If more then one completes the course then it will be distance from start.

We only have some basic rules for the robots.

1. NO flying robots.
2. All robots must be equipped with a kill switch of some type.
3. The robot can not travel any faster then robot maker can run after it.
4. The robot must fit on the course.

NO prizes will be awarded the first time running this course.

The idea here is to enjoy the challenge. Lets try to complete the course as
it stands. Enjoy the freedom. I don't care if the robot follows you around
the course. A few hour trial time will exist before official runs to dial
in your robot to the course.

Next year this will be held at a permanent location with a date and time
published well in advance. I have meetings with the proposed venue later
this month to tie this down for next year.