[DPRG] Reminder:Roborama 2012b tomorrow

Subject: [DPRG] Reminder:Roborama 2012b tomorrow
From: Paul Bouchier paul.bouchier at gmail.com
Date: Sat Dec 15 08:56:49 CST 2012

When: Sun Dec 16 11am - 4pm - you don't have to stay the whole time - drop
by & see the robots trying the course
Where: Paul's place: 129 Woodrow Circle, Little Elm, TX 75068, ph
214-906-4268 (cell)
What to bring: Robots, a side dish to share if you come at lunchtime (Jason
will be providing meat to grill) and whatever you want to drink.
Terrain: mainly grass and a lake.. Nothing too extreme.

The course will be made as large as possible.
We will be using marker flags to out line the course. You can replace them
with what ever you like.
The markers will be 5-8 feet wide depending on how we can layout course.
It will include a 90 degree turn and a 180 degree turn and will be like a
race track so it will end where it starts.
Points will be awarded for each gate you drive through.
If more then one completes the course then it will be distance from start.

We only have some basic rules for the robots.

1. NO flying robots.
2. All robots must be equipped with a kill switch of some type.
3. The robot can not travel any faster then robot maker can run after it.
4. The robot must fit on the course.

NO prizes will be awarded the first time running this course.

The idea here is to enjoy the challenge. Lets try to complete the course as
it stands. Enjoy the freedom. I don't care if the robot follows you around
the course. A few hour trial time will exist before official runs to dial
in your robot to the course.

Paul