[DPRG] [DMS] Moon Day exhibition NEXT WEEK

Subject: [DPRG] [DMS] Moon Day exhibition NEXT WEEK
From: Karim Virani karim at bigthought.org
Date: Mon Jul 16 01:09:28 CDT 2012

Jason,

Iron Reign, the robotics team that I coach would like to participate.  We competed in Moonbots 2011 last summer and have just tonight submitted our entry for Moonbots 2012.  Last year we were selected as finalists, moving on to compete in phase 2 where we built a 7 foot square lunar field out of LEGOs and earned 135 mission point with our robot and were awarded the McGyver award.  I'll bring at least 4 team members and possibly more.  We are prepared to set up our field again and re-run the mission.  It might not be tweaked to full competition form, but we still have the robot and program.  The space requirement is large though.  If we setup the full field we'll need a 7x10 foot area for a table and the field.  We can bring it all ourselves.  We can also show our video essays from a laptop.  In moonbots, you become a finalist if your video essay is good enough.  I have access to a good projector too.  If there is not enough room for the full field, we can just bring laptops, the robot and talk about it.

Take a look:

Iron Reign Moonbots 2012 Video Essay (just submitted): http://youtu.be/zgCrAi7pCPY?hd=1
Iron Reign Moonbots 2012 Competition Run: http://youtu.be/os0wV6ep-oQ?hd=1
Iron Reign Moonbots 2012 Competition Run - Robot's POV: http://youtu.be/vFc_IgKTJ2Q