[DPRG] Red Bull Creation

Subject: [DPRG] Red Bull Creation
From: Greg Needel greg at robogreg.com
Date: Mon Jul 16 21:29:37 CDT 2012

Hey all,
   As some of you may know I qualified for the Redbull creation competition
(a 72 hour straight build a thon). I built my qualifier at IFI and
was originally planing on doing the 72 hour build there also, but due to
circumstances beyond my control I am not able to use those facilities
anymore.  Previously I had some serious restrictions due to security
and intellectual property about inviting anyone from the DMS to build at
IFI, but now with the change of venue it is going to be a party!   The
build starts this Thursday (7/19) around 7pm and stops 72 hours from then.
 This competition is all about creativity and just doing something cool,
which is what the maker space is all about.  I know that this is short
notice, but I would appreciate anyone who would like to come and help, even
for a short time.

The way the event works, is at ~7pm on Thursday they will give us a topic
and we build whatever we want during that time. Our build site will be
webcast and people from all over the world can tune into us and the 11
other teams competing.  After the event there will be online voting to
determine a winner for a chance to win $10,000 which we can divide how ever
the team decides (give to the space, divide among the members, etc). Also
the top 3 selected teams will have their creation and 4 members sent to the
Maker Faire in NYC this fall.

The change of venue was a stumbling block, but i think the silver lining is
it gives us the opportunity to open it up to more makers.  If you think you
are going to want to participate for more than a few hours please let me
know so I can plan accordingly,  If you only want to stop by and see the
chaos, please do at anytime.

I'll probably be down at the space on wed or early Thursday to setup a bit
but I will see you all on Thursday night!

You can find out more at www.redbullcreation.com

Greg

P.S. I have been informed they will be giving us plenty of redbull :-)