[DPRG] two tech questions

Subject: [DPRG] two tech questions
From: -Old Dog- puppy_dog500 at yahoo.com
Date: Thu Jul 19 10:35:40 CDT 2012

Hey guys:

I've know this does not relate directly to robotics, but frankly this is the most qualified group I know to ask this to:

(1) I want to to connect an XP computer to a Linux box running Red Hat Linux and bring up a GUI interface on the XP box. The Linux box interface is SSH. I can connect to the Linux box in command line mode now using Putty and SSH. I need to be able to see graphical utilities like textedit on the PC. I am looking at possibly VNC or Cygwin but have not found the details of how to do it yet.

(2) My wife and I watch most of our TV through either netflicks or youtube. I'd like to use a dedicated machine, rather than hooking & unhooking my laptop. However I have yet to be able to find a machine that meets the following requirements: (1) HDMI output (2) built-in WiFi (3) small form factor & looks nice (4) enough muscle to web-surf easily (5) keyboard and mouse interface [am not interesting in aligning a smartphone or whatever is popular right now]. Any suggestions guys?