[DPRG] Garage Sensor

Subject: [DPRG] Garage Sensor
From: paradug paradug at gmail.com
Date: Sat Sep 1 23:52:41 CDT 2012

Tom,
    Since your message asked for the cheapest way, I think your idea of buying a Insigna Infocast 3.5 for $30 with free shipping from eBay is the correct answer.

The Insigna Infocast has built in wifi and 8 exposed GIO pins on the main board (along with I2C port, extra USB port and UART). It also has a SSH server that would
allow you to communicate with it remotely without violating your service provider ban against running a web server from home. You could have it communicate through
email (not sure that is the best way).

After determining that the door is open you will want to send a command to shut the door and verify that the door did indeed shut. A simple relay across the manual door switch can do this without to much fuss.

Doug P.