[DPRG] DARPA Grand Challenge

Subject: [DPRG] DARPA Grand Challenge
From: Rick Bickle rbickle at intconsys.com
Date: Wed Dec 18 16:22:06 CST 2013

I totally agree with you Dave. I've always thoght it's silly to make robots
the look and function like humans. Did we make cars that look like horses?
No, we made cars that have the most efficient shape and characteristics to
be a mixture of functional and artistic.

For another point, when the development of a new technology is in its
infancy, it seems rediculous to try and tackle the most complex problem with
it right away. The best you will be able to do will be a poor imitation.

Rick