[DPRG] DARPA Grand Challenge

Subject: [DPRG] DARPA Grand Challenge
From: Rud Merriam k5rud at arrl.net
Date: Wed Dec 18 21:07:50 CST 2013

That is probably a good prediction.

One of the interesting aspects of this is the progress being made by
neurologists in deciphering the structure of the neocortex and how that
is being applied to AI. Apple's Siri and other voice recognition systems
are following the broad patterns of the brain. IBM's Watson also is of
that model. Take a look at Kurzweil's "How to Create a Mind". There are
some other similar books.

A key component of this is learning and then predicting the next inputs
and the feedback that adjusts the prediction when in error. Something
similar occurs with forward error correction for deep-space
communications based on the Viterbi decoders.

- 73 -
*Rud Merriam K5RUD
* /Mystic Lake Software <http://mysticlakesoftware.com/>
/