[DPRG] Another Challenge - Another Robot of 3 Rovers

Subject: [DPRG] Another Challenge - Another Robot of 3 Rovers
From: steve at txtulip.com steve at txtulip.com
Date: Thu Dec 19 15:30:23 CST 2013

Oh Hey Rud, you should see my navigation unit. As you might expect Yaw is a bear but it tracks pretty well. It DOES drift about a degree every  2 minutes but if you want to do relative 45 degree or 90 degree turns, it should be pretty accurate. I'm using a proportional voltage output to make integration to a processor easier. If you establish a known heading point, you might be able to reset it for zero and compensate for the drift.

    Which brings up MY robot... affectionately named Ankle Biter... (well maybe not so affectionately)  A mecanum wheeled base. It has been down for a number of years as my robotics team had it cannibalized for parts. I have all the parts back but one of the transmissions has a problem and I haven't had tie to look into it . But any time now I'll get the bug and put it back together and finally build the arm I've promised I'd designed.

Steve