[DPRG] FIRST robotics volunteers needed

Subject: [DPRG] FIRST robotics volunteers needed
From: Greg Needel greg at robogreg.com
Date: Fri Feb 15 12:00:58 CST 2013

Hey all,
   As many of you know, I have been active in supporting FIRST robotics for
more than a decade, I know that there are other members who have also been
a part of the program in different ways.  The program is second to none in
providing a fun way to get kids interested in science, engineering and
robotics.  The Annual Dallas regional competition is taking place March
21st - 23rd at the Irving Convention Center.  They are in desperate need of
volunteers, and I think it would be a great opportunity for both
organizations DMS and DPRG to give back in a meaningful way.  Take a look
at the roles that they are looking for below and consider volunteering if
you are able to.

Here are the positions they are looking to fill

Robot inspectors (4), Team Queuers(2), and a bunch of Field Assembly,
Disassembly, and Field Repair/Reset people.  Assembly and Dissassembly only
happens before and after the event so those people could also volunteer for
other positions during the event.  Then I am also still in need of about
15-20 general support positions (crowd control, volunteer registration
desk, safety glass attendenats)

Here is a description of roles
http://www.usfirst.org/community/volunteers/frc-volunteer-event-positions

If you are interested in volunteering you can sign up through their system
located at https://my.usfirst.org/FIRSTPortal/Login/VIMS_Login.aspx   or
email the coordinator directly dallasregionalvc at usfirst.org

Here is the game that the teams will be playing at the event.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itHNW2OFr4Y

Thanks

Greg