[DPRG] How to protect TETRIX motors

Subject: [DPRG] How to protect TETRIX motors
From: Greg Needel greg at robogreg.com
Date: Tue Feb 19 11:29:54 CST 2013

I hate these motors with a passion. Admittedly I have never used them in
FTC, but for the minibot associated with FRC in 2011 but I am directly
responsible for ~30 motor deaths. The only thing I can advise is design you
gearing correctly and avoid stalling the motors. Use surgical tubing to act
as counter weights to reduce the load on the motors for arms and lifts. In
the drivetrain, tell you driver to avoid defensive actions which required
locking up the wheels. It is possible to replace the inductor if it goes,
just make sure that you attach the cap back in the right orientation or you
can alter the performance of the motors.

Greg