[DPRG] Flying Robot that Navigates by Bouncing Off Walls and Floors

Subject: [DPRG] Flying Robot that Navigates by Bouncing Off Walls and Floors
From: Dick Swan dickswan at sbcglobal.net
Date: Tue Mar 5 11:11:43 CST 2013

The headline says "AirBurr MAV Navigates by Bouncing Off Walls and Floors
<http://spectrum.ieee.org/automaton/robotics/artificial-intelligence/airburr
-mav-navigates-by-bouncing-off-walls-and-floors/?utm_source=roboticsnews&utm
_medium=email&utm_campaign=030513> ".

The first picture in the linked article is the following. The blue items are
the aerial robots. My first thought was that they sure caused a lot of
damage with the wall crashes and that I really wanted to watch the video.

http://spectrum.ieee.org/img/AirBurr_latest_version-1362033152114-1362066962
695.jpeg

After watching the video
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dm90IV3tMjI> , I
found that the walls were already damaged before flight and were used to
provide an environment that was harder to navigate.