[DPRG] Video of Mini Maker Faire at Tyler including Introduction of Big Robie, 7 foot tall, club logo robot.

Subject: [DPRG] Video of Mini Maker Faire at Tyler including Introduction of Big Robie, 7 foot tall, club logo robot.
From: Ron Grant deltagraph at aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 1 11:40:20 CDT 2014

I agree Vincent.

The previous DPRG Logo robot was named Robie (or Robby).
It freaked me out how fast the decision was made on a name at the January (I believe) meeting.

It also bothered me that the same name was used for a 2nd generation logo robot. Former club president Bob Jordan had his son create the previous logo robot design. Maybe Robie was named after Bob?

I would propose we revisit the naming -- giving this some careful consideration. Maybe a few hours of thought versus seconds.

Ron