[DPRG] Video of Mini Maker Faire at Tyler including Introduction of Big Robie, 7 foot tall, club logo robot.

Subject: [DPRG] Video of Mini Maker Faire at Tyler including Introduction of Big Robie, 7 foot tall, club logo robot.
From: vincent lopresti spaceminers2010 at yahoo.com
Date: Wed Apr 2 09:26:10 CDT 2014

i agree Karim. it's just that these guys spent many long hard hours creating this awesome robot and only 5 seconds to give it a name.

here is what people see when they search for this robot...   Robby the Robot. everyone knows this robot very well. Robby is the most popular robot in the world. that's like opening a hamburger shop and calling it McDonald's.

we need a new name. i thought i was being smart when i thought of the name TOBOR. but it's taken as well.

the dprg robot has a V shape on his face to look thru. maybe his name should start with V. how about Victor, Vortex, Voltar, etc.

here is an article about naming robots. please read, quite interesting!

how about something with the D.P.R.G. acronym?
Diperg, Daprog, Dopergangler...   really? Dopergangler?

let's ask all the members to email their choice names. then we post them online and vote. whichever name has the most votes wins.

  .    .

   \  /
   Ro
  BoT