[DPRG] Big Robot Name (was Re: Video of Mini Maker Faire at Tyler including Introduction of Big Robie, 7 foot tall, club logo robot.)

Subject: [DPRG] Big Robot Name (was Re: Video of Mini Maker Faire at Tyler including Introduction of Big Robie, 7 foot tall, club logo robot.)
From: David P. Anderson davida at smu.edu
Date: Wed Apr 2 19:20:47 CDT 2014

If the floor is open for names I'd like to suggest we call the Big Robot ...

KIN

Like the common name "Ken," short for Kenneth, but spelled with an i, as
short for Kinetic.

It suggests what it actually is, as Will has opined, a "Kinetic
Sculpture," and also has the nifty double meaning of "kin" as in kin to
us bi-pedal hominids.

dpa