[DPRG] Fw: PROMPT FOR DETAILS - Frisco Maker Faire - DPRG

Subject: [DPRG] Fw: PROMPT FOR DETAILS - Frisco Maker Faire - DPRG
From: paradug paradug at gmail.com
Date: Mon Apr 7 10:23:58 CDT 2014

-All,
    Last Friday I received a response from Paul Vinson with details about our booth area at the Frisco Maker Faire. I want to say that Paul has been very good at responding to my questions. Delays in sharing information seem to be connected to the Faire’s schedule for making specific decisions.

   They have gave us what appears to be the premier location in the museum to setup our booth and area. I hope to go to the museum sometime next week and look at the layout and take pictures. I have never been to the Sci-Tech Discovery Center.

   The event is two days and we need to minimize the strain on our volunteering members. With that in mind I would like to setup a volunteer schedule that requires no one to attend both days (except for a few officers). The hours for the faire are Saturday, April 26th, 10AM to 6PM and Sunday, April 27th, Noon to 6PM.  We need your help; please volunteer and make available your robots and demonstrations.

   I believe that DPRG’s booth at Tyler mini-Maker Faire was the best at the faire (I am somewhat biased). I want to thank everyone for the wonderful turnout in robots, demonstrations and volunteers. We had 14 people participating in the faire and supporting the booth. Please make sure to view the video, made by Ron Grant, which is up on the website. Sometimes you wonder if these events are worth the time and effort.  In the case of the Tyler mini-Maker Faire, I saw one interaction that makes me believe it is worth it. A young girl (13-14 years old) stopped at the booth and she had that look in her eye that said “I really really want to do this.”. Dick Swan spent a short time mentoring her and her mother on the next steps she should take. I think he may have changed her life.

Please look at the attachment. It shows the location of our booth for the Frisco Maker Faire. Also, please let me know when you can volunteer. Let’s blow them away at the Frisco faire.

Regards,
Doug P.