[DPRG] CNC controls and Windows XP

Subject: [DPRG] CNC controls and Windows XP
From: John Dolecek jdolecek at gmail.com
Date: Fri Apr 11 13:02:14 CDT 2014

CNC guys,

Many of our controls run on Windows XP and as I'm sure you all know
Microsoft is not going to support it anymore. What do you plan to do with
your machine, if anything? I would like to be able to have mine connected
to the network for ease of file transfer but of course can't afford to have
any hiccups.

I've considered the option of using a newer Dell from Discount Electronics
(currently using an oooold dell from there) and buy a Smooth Stepper to
interface without the parallel port. Obviously, it's more ideal to not have
to spend any money.

Thoughts?

JTD