[DPRG] CNC controls and Windows XP

Subject: [DPRG] CNC controls and Windows XP
From: Robert Singleton sluggy7584 at gmail.com
Date: Fri Apr 11 15:04:12 CDT 2014

A WindowsXP machine won't just suddenly die because there is no "support"
from MicroSoft, but it may become vulnerable to some internet attacks and
likely no fixes for the vulnerabilities forthcoming.. So, put it on an
isolated LAN with a firewall to protect that LAN from the internet and
continue to enjoy machining stuff.

For my part, I would avoid the recurring Windows problems altogether:

http://www.linuxcnc.org/

--

"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't
mean politics won't take an interest in you." - Pericles