[DPRG] CNC controls and Windows XP

Subject: [DPRG] CNC controls and Windows XP
From: Rick Bickle rbickle at intconsys.com
Date: Fri Apr 11 16:13:07 CDT 2014

Irrelevant,

I have half a dozen CNC machines running on older Dell Optiplex computers
with XP. Those machines are dedicated to the CNC machine and don't access
the internet at all.

For Mach3, you really don't want to have anything else installed like a
virus scanner, which can interfere with mach3's timing engine.

Set yourself up a separate CAD/CAM etc. machine with a newer OS and use that
to surf the internet.

Rick